When you are living your best life, you will automatically hold your head up high and walk with confidence, speak with confidence and present yourself to the world as an empowered woman. You will be a role model for other women and lead the way for young girls to step into womanhood with grace, dignity and honor.
Self-Confidence comes from the inside out. It is displayed in the way you look, speak and respond to life. Lets begin by answering these questions:
LOOK: (What you are wearing or how you look on the outside has nothing to do with self-confidence, it’s how you see yourself that makes the difference)
· How much energy do I put into worrying about how others see me?
· How do I see myself?
· Is my posture straight when walking, standing, sitting?
· Is my handshake firm and confident?
· Do I make eye contact with strangers?
SPEAK: (It’s not so much what you say, it more about “how” you say it that counts)
· Am I clear when I speak, or do I often stumble or hesitate?
· If I don’t know something, do I pretend to know anyway?
· Do I project when I speak, or speak softly?
· Am I loud and overbearing when I talk?
· Do I have a need to be “right” all the time?
· Do I interrupt others to get my point across?
· Do I speak my truth or say what I think others want to hear?
RESPOND: (It’s not what happens to you in life, it’s how you respond to it that matters most)
· How do I respond when little things go wrong?
· How do I respond when big things go wrong?
· How do I respond when a friend or family member has an urgent need?
· How do I respond to confrontations or verbal abuse?
· Do I have a need to “rescue” people?
· Do I respond to other's needs before tending to my own?
· Do I let people get away with things in order to keep the peace?